Thursday, June 18, 2009

Krasnoyarsk

Whew, today was pretty intense. First, we lost four hours of sleep because of the time change. Straight from the airport – well, straight may be a little bit of an exaggeration since it took almost two hours for everybody to scramble their luggage together and go to the restrooms (with very specific time for technical inspections – see the attached picture) – we went to the Pedagogical University where we will be taking our classes. There I was taken over by two Katyas and brought to the apartment where I will be living for the next four weeks (one Katya actually lives here, the other one was her friend). To my surprise, they walked me into an 1) huge (for the standards here) apartment and b) a very large room (their living room has been temporarily transformed into my bedroom). While I showered in a real shower, the Katyas prepared a light salad made of really fresh and tasty vegetables and after I was fed, the girls took off living me to do whatever I fancied. And thus began my four hour run / stroll on the streets of Krasnoyarsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment