Tuesday, June 30, 2009

To my friends in SLC

Being ten years older than the kids in my group here, I feel a bit left out. Unless I am the one organizing an event (or inviting people to an event organized by Katya, my host mom’s 21-year-old daughter), I am left out. It’s probably my own fault, too – I am sure if I asked if I can come along, they wouldn’t say “no.” But I don’t even know what to talk with them about – a different generation and different interests. All I want to say is that I miss you guys: I miss biking with you, hiking with you and our dogs (oops – I almost typed “gods” – well, almost true :P), I miss skiing together, and barbecuing, and talking dogs and sports and food, and watching movies and listening to the Latino radio station

3 comments:

  1. Anna, your god misses you too! :) Hanza has been very affectionate with us and I'm sure it's because he's wondering where you are. He and Sherman had a great time today romping in the water at the dog park. It was a nice bath on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun - I can't wait to be back and hike with you and the dogs again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what, no latino radio?! blasphemy!

    ReplyDelete